Are allophones in complementary distribution?
Allophones usually appear in complementary distribution, that is, a given allophone of one phoneme appears in one predictable environment, but the other allophones of that phoneme never appear in that environment.
- How do you find the complementary distribution? - Complementary Distribution indicates that two basic sounds... (Read More)
- Are allophones always contrastive? - meaning difference whatsoever - since allophones of... (Read More)
- What is an example of an allophone? - An example of an allophone is the... (Read More)
- Are S and Z allophones? - For instance, we know that /s/ and... (Read More)
- What is the difference between an allophone and a phoneme? - A phoneme is a set of allophones... (Read More)
- Are S and Z minimal pairs? - Below is a list of words that... (Read More)
- What are the stages of phonics? - Phase 1 of phonics is divided into... (Read More)
- What are the 4 types of phonics instructional approaches? - Types of phonics instructional methods and approachesAnalogy... (Read More)
- Which letters should be taught first? - Letter-Sounds Correspondence Teach the sounds of letters... (Read More)
- What is the year 1 phonics test pass mark? - In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018... (Read More)